File Name: A_Marschall_072.jpg

Source: The Spirit of Greenbush

File Type: imageText: Adolph J. Marschall founded Marschall Dairy Laboratory in 1906 at the corner of W. Washington Ave., Proudfit St., and Regent St. The Company was the first to standardize the rennet, annatto food coloring, flavors, and cultures used in making cheese. Madison resident Norm Wood worked under Stanley J. Ferris, head of Marschall?s Italian Products section, and remembers a story that Mr. Ferris told him. ?After World War II, the boys came back from Italy and had tasted the Italian cuisine ? and they wanted it.?

Linkages:
Family Name: Marschall
Family Name: Wood
Family Name: Ferris
Location Name: Washington

Location Name: Proudfit

Location Name: Regent

Locations | Themes | Reflections | Contributors | Curriculum | Productions