Driving Tour

History

Graphics/Map/Directions to Site 7

The farm on Cheyenne Road belongs to Don Williams. His ancestor, Jesse Irwin, in 1895 deeded land just east of his home to his mixed race neighbors for a church. The Revels Valley Free Methodist Church was attended by both white and multi-racial worshippers from about 1890 through the 1940's.

At the Williams Farm, looking up the valley to the north is a vacant wood frame building that was the Revels/Roberts homestead.

About ½ mile East of the Williams farm, a grove of trees on the left hand side of the road marks a stone foundation. It is all that remains of the church.

.

Start Tour - Site 1 - Site 2 - Site 3 - Site 4 - Site 5 - Site 6 - Between Sites 6 and 7 - Site 7
Between Sites 7 and 8
- Site 8 - Site 9 - Site 10 - Site 11 - Return Home